Prerequisites and Requirements
- 2 LIVE Training Sessions
- 61 Online Modules
- Completion of the first 4 State regulated modules (25 total) to attend #1 LIVE session
- Completion of all 61 modules to attend #2 LIVE session
- Participants must be working for an agency or they are SLO Providers
- $35.00 per live training session
- $240.00 access to online modules
Direct support professional certification in Maine is earned through self-directed learning and classroom instruction. The State of Maine has selected the College of Direct Support; a web based learning management system available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for learner to improve their skills in caring for people across disabilities. By incorporating web based learning, backed by nationally recognized curricula, the MECDS program is designed to promote the profession of direct support.
This course establishes a statewide, consistent foundation of knowledge and skills needed by support professionals to improve the delivery of the best possible services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities. The College of Direct Support is creating not only a common knowledge base among professional, but also a common culture.
At Port Resources we offer the state required learning modules in our computer lab along with the 12 hours of instructor lead classroom interaction. Each 6 hour live classroom training session is designed to complement and enhance online learning concepts.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For individuals making a purchase of this training, you may select one of the following option purchases-
1. One day LIVE CDS for $35.00 – please note CDS LIVE 1 covers modules #4-7 or CDS LIVE 2 covers modules #1-3,8-11
2. Two day LIVE CDS for $70.00 – covers CDS LIVE 1 and 2
3. 61 online module training for $240.00 – must contact Mark Lindquist at email@example.com or 207.828.0048 x 105 to be connected to the CDS online website